Under the overall supervision of the Senior Climate Change Coordination Team leader and the direct supervision of the Natural Resources Officer (Climate Change), and the Natural Resources Officer for the project GCP/GLO/534/ITA the incumbent will support the activities related to the project GCP/GLO/534/ITA. In particular, the incumbent will:
- support the analysis of online activities for Knowledge action group;
- review language and layout of documents such as case studies, info brief notes and policy briefs on CSA;
- create a data base of interesting possible partners for the project;
- preparation of literature reviews on information & communication for climate smart agriculture;
- review and contribute of the realization of layout and context of Climate Smart Agriculture platform;
- creating web management reports (number and updated material, the performance of web admin, etc.) and transaction website (traffic statistics, download, read news, etc.) each month.
Candidates should meet the following:
- Master in Agriculture and Information technology;
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age.
Candidates will be assessed against the following:
- Recent graduates or students in a recognized university or graduate school programme in a field of environmental issues and information technology;
- Knowledge of international institutions and global environmental issues;
- Communication skills, both written and oral, on relevant technical issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and in partnership with different external stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
Applicants interested in participating in the project as Intern should submit a CV along with a brief statement describing their interests and reasons for wishing to participate in the project directly to the Anne.Ricchiuti@fao.org.
Note that the deadline for submitting your CV is Wednesday the 16th Oct 2014.
The intern will receive a stipend of US$ 700 per month.