INTERNSHIP SCHEME 2015 (SARAJEVO, BANJA LUKA, BIHAC, MOSTAR)
Location : BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 31-Mar-15
Additional Category: Crisis Prevention and Recovery
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : Six weeks to six months
Expected Duration of Assignment : Six weeks to six months
The UN RCO in Bosnia and Herzegovina cordially invites all undergraduates and postgraduates from BiH and abroad to expand their educational experience through practical work and exposure to a variety of global and national development challenges (Human security, local development, democratic governance, energy and environment, social inclusion, human rights, communications, finance, human resources, information and communications technology and procurement).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internship Scheme will provide prospective interns with an opportunity to get acquainted with the UN system and its corporate values, to become closely involved in its programme and operations as well as to learn about global perspectives and national development strategies.
Please note that the Internship scheme is entirely based on the concept of volunteerism and, as such, involves no remuneration or guarantee of future employment with UN.
– Have demonstrated writing and research skills
– Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of differing socio- economic, religious and cultural backgrounds both professionally and personally and to be tolerant of differing opinions and views
– Have a keen interest in the work of the UN and the UNDP and demonstrate a commitment to its statement of purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter.
Required Skills and Experience
UN may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
– Enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship
– Have completed at least four years of full-time studies at an university or equivalent institution towards the completion of degree if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages
– Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship
– Have excellent written and oral command of English, knowledge of local languages is desirable but not required
– Experience of working abroad whether in a voluntary or professional capacity would be an advantage
– Computer literate in standard software applications
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
– Completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (downloadable from http://www.ba.undp.org/content/bosnia_and_herzegovina/en/home/operations/jobs.html);
– Motivation letter